Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Say My Name, Say My Name...

I am having a bit of an identity crisis lately with my name. It is not that I don't like my name, I do, it is just there are so many variations of it I am trying to figure out what to call myself.

In my rather large family is where most of the versions are found. On my mother's side I am called Katie, the name I went by in school as a child, this is also the name that most of my friends call me. Of course on mom's side I am also referred to as Aunt Kiki or Kitty, Katelyn, Kathryn, Katrina, and Girlie. On dad's side I am known as Kate, I was called Katie when I was little but once I got into High School it changed to Kate. I really like Kate and usually introduce myself as Kate. On occasion on dad's side I am called Katryn, a hillbilly take on Kathryn. Now when I go down south to my Great Aunt's I am known as Katie Lynn, everyone on that branch of the family tree calls me that only because Aunt Jewel didn't like Katie and wanted to call me Lynn (my middle name) but my mom didn't like that so Katie Lynn it was.

Professionally I go by my full name Kathryn (or Kathryn Lynn) but what should I have people I just meet call me?

1 comment:

Earthy Mama said...

I'll call you Katie, I like it, although Eddy and Gnat will probably call you Aunt Kate or Aunt Kiki. I sometimes call you Katherine, but mostly Katie.