Sunday, August 24, 2008

It is great to have little reminders...


So yesterday I went to my hometown (very small rural, republican, in the middle of Illinois- town) for my Uncle Guido's 60th surprise birthday party. I rarely return to my hometown, but I wasn't going to miss the possible drama that might have occured between my uncle and my cousin who was throwing the party (Uncle G doesn't like parties or suprises and on top of that, his wonderful wife passed away last month..) and so I rode with my Aunt Bev to said party.


The party was held at the local golf course club house. Now this may sound nice but, the club house is a shed that looks like the picture featured and the bathroom is a spider filled outhouse. Did I mention that the outhouse had spiders all over it? SPIDERS. OUTHOUSE. TRACTOR SHED. Oh and it was BYOB. My family is classy all the way. At least they took all the tractors out of the shed.
As the party started many people I knew and some I grew up with showed up at one time or another, and I think that all the girls my age and younger all called each other and decided as a whole to wear a tank top and denim skirt, seriously. Then I look out into the parking area and realized that my car was the one of TWO cars. All the rest was a sea of trucks and SUVs.
So there I was, sitting in a lawn chair, drinking my Miller Lite, in a tractor shed, on a golf course, really having to pee and I was reminded of why I had my car packed at my high school graduation to get the hell of of there.

No comments: